Click Here for online registration information
PROGRAM PRESENTERS & TOPICS:
Vein Preservation and the Importance of Technology
Gregory J Schears, MD
1. Describe the current epidemic of venous depletion and why we are in this dilemma.
2. Review efforts for vein preservation and what progress has been made.
3. Discuss how technology can help with vein preservation and how they fit with current best practice.
People Still Do That? Clinical Convention vs. Evidence Based Medicine
Renee’ Odehnal, MS, BSN, RN, CRNI, VA-BC
1 -Discuss current standards, guidelines and recommendations for evidence based care and maintenance of vascular access devices.
2 - Identify common gaps in knowledge and practices related to care and maintenance.
3 - Develop strategies for sharing knowledge and practice updates with other care providers to improve outcomes.
Understanding the Benefits of Clinically Indicated PIV Removal: Positive Impact on Patients, Clinicians & Healthcare
Michelle Biscossi, ACNP-BC, MS, RN, CNL, VA-BC
1. Understand the cause and effect that peripheral intravenous device (PIV) complications have on catheter dwell time.
2. Highlight the impact that clinically indicated PIVs have on patient outcomes, clinician efficiency, and associated costs
3. Recognize that by applying evidence-based best practice standards in conjunction with integrated closed systems, achieving clinically indicated PIV removal is obtainable vascular access
4. Be empowered to become a change agent in your organization to promote and successfully implement protected clinical indication of PIVs.
Vascular Access Securement: New Standards, Satisfaction & Safety
Mark Rowe, MNSC, RNP, VA-BC
1. Review the current catheter securement categories and challenges
2. Discuss evidence, new standards and guidelines related to vascular access device securement.
3. Outline a process for change and the solutions available for patients and providers
Bloodstream Infection: Addressing Clinical Challenges with Catheter Maintenance
Melissa Wiessmann, MSN, RN, CRNI, VA-BC
1 - Identify sources of contamination that can lead to BSI
2 - Describe recommended practices and evidence-based interventions for catheter maintenance to reduce BSI risk
3 - Discuss clinical challenges associated with catheter maintenance that can impact outcomes
4 -Identify solutions to address these challenges and clinical studies that support these solutions
For hotel reservations, contact Hilton Arden West
Use group code NVN
Room rates for conference attendees:
Thursday May 3rd: $145
Please book your rooms by April 12th