Interested in starting an AVA Network in your area?
Here at AVA we are committed to helping you while making this a fulfilling and rewarding experience. Follow these simple steps below and you will be on your way to creating a networking organization that is devoted to providing optimal patient care & outcomes while supporting the field of vascular access.
- Determine an interest
- Discuss a network with your colleagues
- Contact other professionals involved in vascular access
- Contact other hospitals, homecare agencies, infusion companies, long term care facilities and manufacturers
- Find Help
- Find at least one other person to help you. You cannot do this alone
- Set up a preliminary planning meeting with the people that are helping you
- Name your Network
- Establish goals and mission statement
- Discuss frequency, time, agenda and duration of meetings
- Discuss membership dues
- Contact AVA representative Cindy Anderton, Network Coordinator/Administrative Assistant at to discuss your plans. Once your plans have been approved the AVA office will send you a network packet with a Network Agreement and other important and helpful information.
Prior to your first official meeting you must:
- Return the AVA Network Agreement with two (2) signatures and $200.00 to the AVA office
- Obtain a tax ID number
- Open a checking account at a local bank. Make sure you have two (2) signatures on the account. Must both be listed as Principals of your Network as well as current AVA members.
- Have your plans approved by an AVA Network representative