Call for Nominations
Deadline to submit your nomination is January 18, 2013
The Nominations & Bylaws Committee of the Association for Vascular Access (AVA) is soliciting nominations for candidates for the Board of Directors and other positions to be filled by membership election, according to AVA Bylaws. As a growing multidisciplinary professional organization, we invite qualified members committed to the specialty of vascular access to participate in leading AVA forward toward accomplishment of our mission and the implementation of our strategic plan.
Open positions for the 2013 elections include:
(2) Nominations & Bylaws Committee Positions (appointed*): 3 year term
*The Nominations & Bylaws Committee will also be soliciting candidates for the AVA Board of Directors to be considered for appointment to the Nominations & Bylaws Committee. The AVA Bylaws state the committee will consist of 7 total members; 5 members that are elected by AVA membership and 2 that are appointed by the AVA Board of Directors. To be eligible to serve on the Nominating & Bylaws Committee, individuals must be voting members of AVA for no fewer than five (5) years prior to committee membership. Term of these positions is 3 years. If you are interested in being considered for one of these appointed positions please fill out the nominations form. Your information will be reviewed and presented to the AVA Board of Directors for consideration.
General Criteria for Candidacy include:
- Active AVA individual membership for at least three calendar years (36 months)
- Commitment to mission, strategic plan, and management of AVA
- Commitment to vascular access
- Commitment to attend the annual AVA conference, at least one on-site leadership meeting, and monthly BOD and leadership conference calls
- Skills in leadership, management, and communication
- Employer support for scheduling flexibility to AVA commitment
Click on the links above to read the complete job descriptions for each position.
If you are an enthusiastic professional with commitment to making a difference in vascular access, please fill out the Nominations Form.
You will be asked for:
- CV or Resume
- Recent photo
- Brief summary of your qualifications
- Description of past or current leadership experience
- How do you envision your role as a member of the AVA Board of Directors or as a member of the Nominations & Bylaws Committee?
If elected, candidates will be expected to offer/sign disclosure documents