What is the Association for Vascular Access?
The Association for Vascular Access (AVA) is an association of healthcare professionals founded in 1985 to promote the emerging vascular access specialty. Today, its multidisciplinary membership advances research, provides professional and public education to shape practice and enhance patient outcomes, and partners with the device manufacturing community to bring about evidence-based innovations in vascular access.
The AVA Mission
The mission of AVA is to distinguish the vascular access specialty and define standards of vascular access through an evidence-based approach to enhance healthcare outcomes.
News and Announcements
- Call for Interesting Cases for the 1st National PediSIG Grand Rounds at AVA 2015. Submit on or before June 12th!
- Nominations now open for the 2015 Herbst Award & Pettit Scholar
- Participate in an online survey-based study to understand variation in practices related to placement, care & management of PICCs
- PediSIG Members -- Call For Nominations Now Open!
- Are you taking part in the NETWORK CHALLENGE? Get the details