What is the Association for Vascular Access?
The Association for Vascular Access (AVA) is an association of healthcare professionals founded in 1985 to promote the emerging vascular access specialty. Today, its multidisciplinary membership advances research, provides professional and public education to shape practice and enhance patient outcomes, and partners with the device manufacturing community to bring about evidence-based innovations in vascular access.
The AVA Mission
The mission of AVA is to distinguish the vascular access specialty and define standards of vascular access through an evidence-based approach to enhance healthcare outcomes.
News and Announcements
- Nominate someone today for the 2016 Pettit Scholar. Nominations open until November 30, 2015
- Meet the 2015-2016 AVA Board
- Pediatric Best Practice Guidelines & Maintenance Bundles 2nd Editon NOW AVAILABLE!
- Call for Presentations and Topics for AVA 2016 open until Dec 2nd
- Did you miss AVA 2015? Check out some of the highlights on AVATV