Suzanne LaVere Herbst Award for Excellence in Vascular Access
|The Association for Vascular Access (AVA)is pleased to award each year the Suzanne LaVere Herbst Award for Excellence in Vascular Access.|
Suzanne LaVere Herbst, RN, MA is an renown lecturer and expert in vascular access, and is also recognized as the founder and first president of AVA (formerly BAVAN and NAVAN). She has over 30 years of experience in infusion therapy including research and development, hospital, hospice, and home care. Suzanne is a charter member of the Oncology Nursing Society and numerous publications to her credit. She is the recipient of the American Biographical Institute Medal of Honor and Most Admired Woman of the Decade Award for her outstanding achievements. Suzanne is also listed in the Who's Who of American Nursing and the World's Who's Who of Women.
The Suzanne LaVere Herbst Award for Excellence in Vascular Access is the highest recognition AVA offers a member, in recognition of his or her contributions that promote optimal outcomes for people requiring vascular access, and/or substantial contributions to the art and/or science of vascular access.
The nomination process requires three statements from peers and/or colleagues in support of the nominee, along with the nominee’s current curriculum vitae. Below are some of the nomination guidelines.
Critical nominee criteria: The nominee…
- Exemplifies the mission of AVA
- Has at least 5 years' experience in any vascular access arena
- Is a recognized expert because of his/her contributions
- Effectively disseminates information, resources, and/or research findings relevant to vascular access
- Demonstrates a sustained commitment to advancing the art and science of vascular access
The award recipient receives an award package that includes
- Waived registration fee to attend the current year's AVA Annual Scientific Meeting
- Coach class round trip transportation to attend the Annual Scientific Meeting
- Two nights hotel accommodations at the meeting
We would like to congratulate past winners of this prestigious award:
2012 Winner: Josephine (Josie) Stone, RN, CPNP, CRNI, VA-BC
2011 Winner: Jim Lacy, RN, BSN, CRNI, VA-BC
2010 Winner: Nadine Nakazawa, RN, BS, OCN
2009 Winner: Mauro Pittiruti, M.D.
2006 Winner: Janet Pettit, MSN, RNC, NP
2005 Winner: Deb Richardson, RN, BS, BSN, MS, CNS
2003 Winner: Darcy Doellman, RN, BSN, CRNI, VA-BC
2002 Winner: Denise Macklin, BSN, RN, BC