“Placing PIV Catheters Under the Light Using NIR Technology”
Speaker: Gregory Schears, MD
Sponsored by: Christie Medical Holdings
1. Identify risks associated with Peripheral Intravenous (PIV) Catheters
2. Discuss changes in standards and guidelines impacting practice
3. Explore the evolving practices in PIV management and risk reduction
"Securing the perfect storm" a case study on assessment, tunneling, guide wire techniques, navigation and securement.”
Speaker: Matthew Ostroff, MSN, AGACNP-BC, VABC, CRNI
Sponsored by: SecureAcath
1. Analyze assessment techniques for unique patient presentations.
2. Applying alternative techniques for insertion and threading.
3. Discuss challenges to securing vascular access devices.
4. Critique the phrase, "right device" and explore how this can assist a hospital based program.
2 CEU’s provided for this meeting
KINDLY PATRONIZE OUR INDUSTRY PARTNERS UPON COMPLETION OF THE PROGRAM
Non –members and Nursing students Registration fee for this event: $17.00. No Refunds for non-attendance
Membership Registration for 2017 is now open
AVANY Annual Membership: Health Care Professional: $40.00/yr. Industry: $50.00/yr.
Educational meetings are every other month with 2.0 CE credit provided (2 speakers each meeting)