SAVE THE DATE!
We have 5 outstanding speakers again this year!
Please join us for a full day of education and learning on all things vascular access
Click on link below for registration
Make sure you log in before trying to register!
PROGRAM TOPICS AND PRESENTERS:
PIV Failure - Why a New Standard of care is needed
1. Review the underrecognized and underappreciated risks surrounding PIV catheters and why enhanced stability and securement are critical to prevent PIV complications and meet the standard of care.
2. Identify the elements necessary to meet the evidence-based standard of care and the necessity to incorporate current best evidence along with new technology.
3. Describe what the evidence-based studies have shown with respect to the use of tissue adhesives and PIV failure.
4. Analyze why the failure to incorporate new products/technology which have been proven to prevent adverse events in PIVs resulting from stabilization/securement issues may be a breach of the standard of care and result in poor patient outcomes and increased costs as well as potential liability.
Chief, Internal Medicine Service at National Institute for Health; author of
CLABSI Rates and CDC Guideline Update
VAD Insertion Site Protection...What are we missing?
describe the pathogenesis of extraluminal biofilm-related CLABSI
- describe the risks associated with non-adherent/compromised dressings
- List pathogenesis and evidence-based strategies to prevent vascular
catheter dressing detachment and medical adhesive associated skin injury
Understanding Catheter to Vessel Ratio
- Identify the importance of catheter to vessel ratio
- Review the importance of catheter to vessel ratio
- Review the evidence supporting vessel ratio
Presentation based on award-winning poster presentation AVA
Mistakes: How to prevent them, How to manage them
Mistakes happen for all sorts of reasons (some good, some bad) ...how can
we reduce them, manage and communicate about them and how to cope
Early Bird Registration, end April 5th
NORVAN Member: $110
Non Member: $150 (Hint: join NORVAN and save $10)
CVAN/BAVAN Members receive a $15 discount.
RN Student: $60
Regular registration, April 6th- April 30th
NORVAN Members $135
Late registration, May 1st - May 12th
Deadline to register: May 12th
No refunds after: May 12th , 2019
Light breakfast, lunch and refreshments included.
CE's pending approval
For hotel reservations, contact Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova
Use group code NORVAN
Room rates for conference attendees:
Thursday May 16th: $129
Please book your rooms by APRIL 25TH