On Vascular Access Specialty Day we have so much to celebrate. Every day, our actions change a person’s healthcare journey.
Within this webinar we will explore how our specialty has embraced a “Do No Harm” patient safety approach. But after celebrating, we will also look forward to what we need to do next.
In 2018, the AVA Foundation supported the development of the Michigan Appropriateness Guide for Intravenous Catheters in pediatrics (miniMAGIC). Recently released we can now learn from this investment, recognizing how this guide will improve our children’s safety.
We will also look forward, identifying how we can work together as patient safety advocates to create a future without vascular access-associated harm.
- Explore the evolution of patient safety within the specialty of vascular access.
- Describe the impact of inappropriate IV selection and insertion for children, healthcare and beyond.
- Describe the Michigan Appropriateness Guide for Intravenous Catheters in pediatrics (miniMAGIC)
- Understand how miniMAGIC was developed, and how we can use these approaches in the future to make vascular access safer.
- Be able to implement miniMAGIC and other patient safety approaches within our vascular access specialty.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
This Webinar is brought to you by the AVA Foundation and the AVA Member Engagement Committee
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing provider Number CEP12371 for 1.0 contact hour