Our mission is to provide an environment for professional collaboration and evidence-based practice for vascular access across the continuum of care.
Our vision is to be the voice of vascular access in transitional and post-acute care.
What is a Special Interest Group?
We are a multidisciplinary group of practitioners dedicated to best practice in the science and research of vascular access for transitional and post-acute care.
Why should you join us?
It is your pathway to knowledge. No matter what your specialty within the continuum of care, vascular access is a part of that specialty. Enhance your knowledge and stay current in practice by multidisciplinary participation and engagement at all levels from novice to expert.
What are the benefits?
- International, interactive virtual community dedicated to vascular access across the continuum of care
- Education from basic to advanced
- Continuum of care course offerings at AVA's annual Scientific Meeting
- Collaboration and research opportunities
- Quarterly scientific journal (JAVA) & Quarterly electronic newsletter (IQ)
Create a vision for future research to contribute evidence that is currently lacking in vascular access across the continuum of care.
Special Skills & Knowledge
Determine the groundwork of education and special skills required to preserve vasculature and how to share that knowledge.
Generate tools that help build skills needed to implement change.
Develop collaborative relationships with post-acute care focused organizations and institutions to raise awareness and champion change.
Check Back Soon for More Volunteer Opportunities