Call to Action Recognition
The PediSIG Call to Action Recognition will highlight and recognize an AVA member/team who made significant improvement to the needlestick experience for the pediatric and neonatal patient. This recognition will be awarded to at least one member each year. The member(s) recognized for this Call to Action will have demonstrated an intervention they have implemented at their local institution that resulted in fewer needlesticks and/or better vascular access outcomes for neonates, infants and/or children.
The Recognition recipient(s) will be awarded a complimentary registration to attend the 2019 AVA Scientific Meeting (pre-meeting workshop registration not included) and will receive special recognition during the meeting. If a recipient is unable to attend the 2019 annual meeting, the registration may be deferred to the next year. The registration is not transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Submissions must be submitted electronically at avainfo.org/PediSIGSubmit
- Submissions due no later than July 1, 2019
- The PediSIG Executive Leadership Council (ELC) appoints a review team to review and score the submissions.
- Those selected for the review team may not submit or support a current year's submission.
- Submissions are reviewed and scored based upon defined criteria listed below.
Submissions Will Be Scored on the Following Criteria
- Intervention is in alignment with the PediSIG mission and purpose.
- Submission outcome results in fewer needlesticks for neonates, infants and/or children.
- Evidence is provided to show how the intervention could be replicated and improve vascular access outcomes.
- Intervention greatly improves the needlestick experience for neonates, infants and/or children.
- Submission proves that the intervention has a large impact on practice for the better.
Recognition Review Process
- The AVA PediSIG ELC appoints a review team to review and score the nominations.
- Those selected for the review team may not submit or support a current year’s submission.
- Submissions are reviewed and scored based upon defined criteria listed above.
How to Submit
- Review the Submission Form.
- Collaborate with your team to complete the Submission Form and provide facts that will support each of the above listed criteria.
- Complete the Submission Form at avainfo.org/PediSIGsubmit no later than July 1, 2019.
Any questions about these guidelines or how to submit can be sent to Tonya Hutchison.